Monday, January 14, 2008

2008-01-14:

No worries, I am not yet presenting the solutions. You still have time to enjoy the problems...

When I looked this morning out of the window I saw snow, a lot of snow. Several centimeters of fresh snow, and it was still snowing. On top this icy, sharp and humid wind that goes through and through.
2 years ago we had in Moscow a cold winter, up to -35 C. But these -35 C feel warm compared to this here, brrrr.

Today it is my free day, so I went to one of these shopping centers and bought a "polar-proofed" jacket. I can tell you: it is a cosy feeling.

The second topic: My transformation is not yet completed. First I am transformed from a European "Markus" into a Chinese "Maks", now I am even transformed into a skunk - not yet decided whether European or Chinese ;-). Due to this sharp temperature drop the water pipes for warm water are frozen (the tank is outside). But maybe I find a swimming bath or another place where I can take shower?!

Just compare these two pictures. The first one shows us at the end of November; warm, sunny, nice weather, the second one shows me in my new jacket:






from left to right:
Martin (China/ Sweden), Markus (Germany/ Russia), Ulf (Sweden), Camille (France/for 1 year in China), Omar (Morocco/ China), Pal (Norway); first country indicates origin, second one (current) residence

with these clothings I am currently sitting in front of the computer and writing this blog - ah, I forgot the blanket I put around the legs and feet...

No comments: