Monday, January 21, 2008

2008-01-21:
Finally! I got a cold. Had somehow this kind of feeling some days ago. I have stayed until afternoon in bed - at my free day!. Let's hope that I am soon back on track!
Then an English speaking student came to support me with negotiating power. This student was told by An Yan that I wanted to buy boots. If you go as a foreigner in a small shop, it seems that some kind of magic make the prices increase considerably ;-).

I was told that this winter here is absolutely an exception, and the stuff I have with me is not really for this kind of weather.
We found in a small shop these boots for unbeatable 38 RMB (app. 3.80 EUR); they have even fur inside. And now I have warm and dry feet. Good feeling!




We had dinner outside and then I saw that they offer in this restaurant normal coffee. Real, good coffee! I couldn't resist. My first coffee after two months.

When arriving at the flat we experienced a small problem. Obviously this student and the cook had a misunderstanding. When we knocked at the door nobody opened, the cook had already left. The student left her mobile phone in the flat; BUT she had the cook's mobile phone number written down. Knocking at the neighbour's door we were told to use a cell phone on the street. The student went to the next cell phone, but it didn't work. Then to the campus' entrance. The guards were kind. Of course cook's mobile phone was switched off; so she phoned her mother who had An Yan's telephone number...

Let me continue to introduce the flat. This time you see the study room. In the foreground there are two more tables where An Yan plays against his students.

No comments: