Friday, January 18, 2008

2008-01-18:
Disgusting weather! The temperature dropped again. Today it has been drizzling all the time, half rain, half snow. You are just looking out of the window and you are already freezing. But pipes are ok. On the picture you can see a tank on the roof. It is very common for the houses in this area to have the tanks on the roof.
This house has five floors, and when the snow melted big pieces of ice and snow fell down and smashed with a terrible noise on the ground. When I heard it the first time I was like paralysed. What was that? And then you start to overhear it. As far as I am concerned no one was hurt by pieces falling down...


Today I have studied a lot "endgame". And I discover more and more that endgame is a quite sophisticated part of the game. And you can easily win or loose half a stone or even a full stone there. It takes a lot of time to go through the details. I still remember when I learnt the monkey jump. Now I have a much closer look if to play keima or the monkey jump. All these efforts for just ONE point and especially for sente ;-).


Tank on the roof:








































Monkey Jump or keima? And if monkey jump how to continue?:




How many points is this position worth?

And how should Black play? In case Black plays at C, White answers at D.

No comments: