Thursday, January 24, 2008

2008-01-24:
Vacation period has started. Now I am going four times during the week to the go-school. On Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Each day two games.

This morning before we started to play all children had been given a broom, a shovel or something similar and then the children have cleaned the sidewalk for some minutes. As a thank you they received a textbook.


In the morning when An Yan and I arrive in the go-school it is cold there. After some time you can bear the temperature, thinking people produce enough heat. But then during the lunch break when all kids are out it is again chilly. I have discovered a MacDonalds, 10 minutes walking distance from the school. So, today after lunch I went there with a go-book (tesuji-problems), grabbed a coffee and enjoyed my lunch break solving problems at MacDonalds where it is warm inside. Quite comfortable! Most likely I am going to do so also in the future.

Today I have been able to see An Yan as a really rough and tough teacher. A kid overlooked an invasion, had a terrible shape, let his opponent live where was no life. An Yan got angry. I am sure this has been the first and the last time this kid has made these mistakes...

No comments: