Thursday, January 31, 2008

2008-01-31:
Yesterday I was challenged by the lady who cooks here and keeps the flat tidied. I accepted, and I had to give her 9 stones. It has been her very first time that she played. Though I won I was positively surprised how well she played, considering that this has been her first time. And even though I am much stronger than her, 9 stones still look impressive...

And the end of today's schedule in the go-school two of Yan An's students came to visit us. One is a strong 6 Dan, the other one a 3 Pro. I remembered that I had seen the 3 Pro during the DSC Tournament. When school was over An Yan, his students, their fathers and I went for dinner. One of the students speaks a little bit of English, so we had a nice conversation.

Today I am finishing the "Tour De Flat" by showing how it looks like when you look out of the windows:

When you look out of "my" bedroom you see the following:














When you look out of the studyroom you see this:














And this is the inner courtyard:















Two more problems, Black to play in both problems, enjoy:
The whole board situation is a position that arised during my game today, I had 3 stones handicap. I made a joseki mistake in the upper left corner, but used in this position my chance to attack White.































No comments: