Thursday, January 24, 2008

2008-01-24 (2):
A new adventure:
Suddenly no electricity anymore. No light, no air-conditioner, no teapot, nothing. I went to neighbours on 4th floor and explained them in English-Chinese-body language my problem (they had electricity). We went together to the ground floor where the main device for electricity is located. Everything normal. Back to 4th floor. She made some phone calls, and her daughter was able to translate the main point: "Wait a moment. Someone will come and repair it."
Wait a moment can mean anything, 1 minute, 30 minutes, 4 hours.
After 30 minutes some noise in the floor. We again to the ground floor, an electrician has arrived and tried to fix the problem. While going downstairs I noticed that in the meantime also the other flats did not have electricity anymore. Some people were sitting there with candles, and blankets around the shoulders. 30 minutes without heating/ air-conditioners and it is ice cold inside.
Another 30 minutes later, I was cosily sitting in my bed under my blanket, we had again electricity.

No comments: